Falling leaves

Posted by: vkwspirit / Category:

  Looking out my bedroom window I see tree branches with only a few lingering leaves. The grass below is hidden by all the massive leaves that fell through the night. Yesterday the trees were abundant with leaves and the grass was a bright green from the early fall rains. 
  What a lesson about life! Things can be a certain way and suddenly overnight things change. It can be a two edged sword; if you like things they way they are, in fact, prefer things a certain way, when they change it can be quite disconcerting. On the other hand, if you are the sort of person who gets bored with sameness, such overnight transitions can offer a breath of fresh air and an opportunity to reboot.
  As in literally all things, it is always one's perspective that defines what it mean to an individual. This morning I receive the picture outside my window as a reminder that it just may be time for me to put down some things that have served me in the past, in order to make room for the new growth ahead of me. What that looks like is not clear at this moment; however, who knows what will appear in the morning, or the next morning, or the next. How I love a mystery! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment