Dirt

Posted by: vkwspirit / Category:

  Yesterday I got to play in the dirt! After a very long, cold and snowy winter, what a joy it was to have my hands in the dirt. Turning the soil, weeding through the clumps of growth left from George's tractor absolutely fed my soul. The smell of the dirt filled my whole being with anticipation of what is to come. 

  Broccoli, tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, sweet potatoes, okra and every color of sweet pepper you can imagine were carefully and strategically placed in the newly turned soil. Worms were plentiful and seemed as grateful to see the light of day and feel the warmth of the air as is this "yankee" human! It was an hour of play that fed my heart and soul! 
  Now for the "gifts" planted within the dirt to feed the bodies of those that gather around the feasting table of this land as we laugh, play and enjoy the bounty Creator has placed in front of us! How grateful I am for dirt!  


0 comments:

Post a Comment