No Fear!

Posted by: vkwspirit / Category:

  As I approach another New Year, thoughts of what lies ahead dance through my head. Will our country continue to move in an upward direction in employment, bring more men and women home from other countries, will relationships with our country and internationally move closer toward peace? There are so many unknowns that lie ahead, it can often be a daunting task to know what action to take to be part of the solution when I am seemingly just a  "speck" in the big picture.
  By now, most of you that "check in" with this blog know I look for the best in all situations, regardless how difficult it may appear, and, indeed, can be, there is always a solution. I have learned to be a very patient woman, which was not an easy task! Probably because I can only "control" myself, not someone else ... and I promise you, when I was young, I tried to do that. I do not like to admit that, but it is the truth.
  Now that I have learned a thing or two, I realize the only person I can manage, is myself. And, that has not been an easy task. I have been afraid of doing the "wrong" thing, "offending" someone, making them mad, and the list went on. I have, however, learned that Fear is not my friend, and it absolutely does not bring peace or clarity in my life.
  I recently watched the movie, "After Earth," and heard some amazing teachings on Fear that I just have to share. It went like this: "Fear is not real, the only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination causing us to fear things that do not at present or may not ever exist! This is near insanity! Danger is very real, but fear is a choice. We are all telling ourselves a story!"
  Now how fabulous is that? When Will Smith's son became frightened, he told him to "Control yourself, stand down, recognize your power, and realize this is your creation!" He then gave him a very powerful tool; he told him to "take a knee and self-evaluate. Be in the moment now! What do you see, smell, what do you feel right now?"
  As we enter 2014, let us commit to "taking a knee" and humble ourselves to the true inner strength and wisdom we possess within ourselves. We just might find the very thing we have been searching for - a connection to something greater than ourselves! Imagine what 2014 can look like .... it would mean, No Fear because everything we need we already have, and that we, indeed, are not alone on this journey!


0 comments:

Post a Comment